Sunday, April 24, 2016

Aizuwakamatsu with Family.

About a month ago my family was able to visit me in Japan. During this time we traveled to some different cities, and were able to do many things together.

For the first part of the trip my mother came before my father and sister, so I took her for sightseeing in the town that I live in, Aizuwakamatsu.

The picture above is from the Aizuwakamatsu train station and on the left is a big red cow. This cow, Akabeko, is a symbol of the Aizu area taken from legend.

In Aizu we were able to see my university as well as an old samurai school. The weather was very nice during the trip, and the very first cherry blossoms were beginning to bloom.

My favorite part of traveling with my mother in Aizu was sharing my favorite foods with her. I have similar tastes to her, and during my time in Aizu I have found many restaurants that I like. Pictured above is my favorite spicy miso ramen. Below are pictures of me and my mother eating Katsudon, a kind of fried pork.