Thursday, October 22, 2015

Koi at the Five Colored Lakes

The 5 Colored lakes, 五色沼 , are a popular place to go and look at the autumn leaves. There are 5 lakes, and different colored algae give each of the lakes a different color. During my trips here I didn't make it far enough to see more then the first, blue, colored lake.

In the second photograph, you can see a group of people looking at Koi in the lake.

In the photo above you can see an all-white Koi with a heart on its side. I heard that this Koi was purchased by the park for a large amount of money. More money than I would personally spend on a fish, but it is pretty. There is some information about this fish (in Japanese) Here .

This last photo was borrowed from Facebook. It shows me and another student trying to touch the Koi. When we did touch them we found that they didn't seem to mind being touched, and that they were slimy.