Sunday, November 1, 2015

A trip to Aizu-Misato

This past week me and some other students took a trip to the city of Aizu-Misato.

To get to Aizu-Mistato we took the train.

From one of the places we went, there was a nice view over the valley. The view looked over the valley towards the university.

Another sight that we visited was the ruins of an old castle. In the photos below you can see our guide leading us to where the castle once stood.

It was an interesting trip. For the first half of the trip we visited a visitor center and filled out a questionnaire about how well it was catered to people who spoke different languages. For the second half of the trip we went sightseeing and saw local attractions. At the end we were compensated for our time.

Because the trip took only an afternoon, I didn't get to see as much of some of the sights as I would have liked to. I think that I will go back to Aizu-Misato and spend more time there. Unfortunately the autumn won't last much longer. I think the trip would not be so easy if there was much snow.

In the last picture I stand defending the gate of the ruined castle.