Monday, February 8, 2016

Ferry to Hokkaido

This past week I took a trip up to an island of Japan called Hokkaido. To get there me and some other students took a ferry from the nearby city of Niigata to Tomakomai in Hokkaido.

To get to the ferry we left earlier than I would have liked. Above is a photo of the sunrise from Aizu when we were leaving.

When the boat left, many seagulls followed us looking for food.

Here I took a picture with some of my travel companions.

On the ride there there were not so many things to do. This boat had an arcade, a bath, several restaurants, and a shop for buying souvenirs. I found a spot by a window and watched the ocean as we traveled.

Some people fell asleep outside of their cabins in strange positions.

We got to our destination very early in the morning. I got off the boat and proceeded to fall asleep immediately in the car as we drove off to our first destination.