Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Ueno Park

Last week I had some time without classes, so I went to Tokyo for three days. While I was there I visited Ueno Park. I have been to this park a few times now, and there are a lot of things to see.

Above is a giant panda in a box. It is by an exit from Ueno station. Beneath it is a photo of a large bridge connecting the Ueno station exit with the panda to Ueno Park. It is called Panda Bridge. One of the reviews on google maps for the Panda Bridge (spelled incorrectly as Panda Briage) is pictured below.

One of the times I went to the park it was in the middle of December, and there were many leaves on the ground.

There are also some shrines and temples throughout the park.

By one of the temples in the park is this small memorial. It is in memory of the deaths at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Beneath is a photo of the sign in front of it.