Saturday, March 19, 2016

Changde, Hunan

During my time in China, another city that I got to visit was Changde. This is the hometown of a friend I made while studying in Japan. His family invited me to stay in their home, and he showed me around while I was there. One place that we visited was Wulingyuan, in Zhangjiajie. The tall, tree covered rocks in this park are thought to have inspired the setting of James Cameron's Avatar.

If you become too tired hiking here, you can pay to be carried to the top.

Another place that we visited was the Changde Science and Technology Museum. This museum was in a big, and interesting building. But when we went inside we found that only one exhibit was open. All but one floor were empty.

One of the days we traveled to a hill nearby the city. The photos above and below are from that trip.

While I was there I had a lot of good food. Above is a picture of some coffee me and by friend got. I got the drip coffee in the picture, and found it very good. Below is a picture of a meal my friend's mother made, and last is a picture of him after eating.